Sometimes even I have bad ideas

Yesterday I got the notion to join a online dating site. Nothing serious, I thought it might be fun because I've never done it. I also toyed with the idea of letting my blogging buddies screen dates for me, but, a friend said, that definitely was not a good idea. Not that you guys wouldn't do a good job. But, it might be construed as rude to the other person.
Anyway, out of curiosity I joined a free dating site.
I don't have a very good impression of the whole thing today. Maybe I picked the wrong site or implied something in my profile that I didn't mean. What happened was, 5 minutes after my profile was up, I started getting IMs from men who did not leave a very good impression on me.
One guy said, I burn hotter then a firefly on spaish fly. & he spelled Spanish wrong! Give me a break!
This is something I'm confused about, all these guys want me to join them in a chat room somewhere else & they all seem to be from Canada. It seems a little odd... the last one is calling himself luv_yu8. (luv yu? *snicker* :)
On the dating site IM board "luv_yu8" has terrible grammar & mangles his English so horribly he sounds like a Nairobi scammer. You wouldn't think a person would deliberately want to sound illiterate. Maybe he's French/Canadian?
I'll have to study this further...


22 Comments:
One mystery solved... the site IS based in Canada. That might excuse the bad English grammar too.
I'm thinking this online dating is NOT for me.
I have profiles in couple of gay sites and have met many friends through these websites and some have even become very good and close friends. But of course I was patient enough to filter all those idiotic sex-starved assholes' messages. You wouldn't know what kind of messages people are capable to put there... It is a different kind of world ! I agree ! In general, such sites are mainly for sex-starved people, in my opinion...and still my profile is on in these websites and I meet people from time to time and we become party friends, coffee friends etc... a part of today's society, I would say !
So far the impression I get is one of hanging out at a sleazy bar. The only thing missing is the cigarette smoke & the smell of stale beer.
Wa ya got again'st guys who mangle da Anglish language?
I wrote about those sites months ago (Tasty). It is the "Island Of Da Damned" on those things.
Best to meet your future ex at a pub or da next rave. Those places are fer losers.
Oh ya! Canadians speak in da proper grammar. It's you Yanks that have da vernacular.
Just be careful you don't end up dating this guy.
Even if the site's based in Canada, people who post on it could be anywhere. And of course lots of native speakers of English have terrible grammar (and some non-native speakers speak it very well).
Unfortunately with internet dating sites you get a fair number of people who couldn't find a boyfriend/girlfriend in the more conventional ways, because there's something wrong or odd about them. Not everybody on such a site will be like that, but there's probably a disproportionate number who are.
Look what I saw today in Facebook... a video about a gay guy who posted a profile in a website gayromeo.com and openly declared that he is HIV+. Now you should see his neighbour yelling at him, throwing stuff just because of HIV...check out the video in my blog.
Heh,heh,heh....I love this post Ms.Rita. Why? because I was alway's curious about those online dating site's...I never had the ball's to just try one out to see what it's about,even though I am married...just for a laugh to see what happen's. Nor would I have the ball's to talk horsecrap to a woman I may want to meet seriously. Sex and dating on this internet run's like wildfire.I mean,I just went to visit an adult entertainment website for instance,within minute's I was bombarded with notice's of girl's who would like to meet me, some kind of online sex ad's or something.I mean...these said thing's mostly like..."I'm just 18, and hot and ready" they picture themselve's with pony tail's,sucking lollipop's or some other kiddie stuff ... it was hilarious,but kind of a turn-off for me as well. I am not the kind of fella...that is attracted to teen's,or anything too inexperienced at least,so for a gent such as myself this kind of thing is a disappointment...but I guess it's obviously popular to many guy's since the internet and whole sex industry is saturated with this tennie-bopper fetish thing.
I'm one fella...who couldnt give you one damn bit of advice on this, because I dont even trust half the stuff online to begin with, and usually run from anything that tries to get too close.
Cruel Joke: One time year's ago...we had a buddy that hung out with us all the time...who was alway's insulting "queer's" ... I mean to him...everybody was a queer, sometime's I wondered if he was. One night ... I stopped by a neighborhood gay bar to induldge in the "happy hour" drink special, you know...2 fer 1 drinx. While I was there...they had a large bowl on the bar to where you leave your name and number if your looking for a date(gay date) I grabbed a piece of paper you write it on that is also supplied and wrote "Studley Hungwell" and put his phone number on there,within a week...he told me and buddies that he been getting queer's calling him and wanting to hook up ...and they all called him "Studley", he said ... "someone's playing a cruel joke on me man, they say they all got my name and number in a gay bar...". I know that's NOT nice Ms.Rita ... but we were younger...and full of laugh's in them day's. :)
Later Girl!! ............
that is a funny story of yours...poor friend !
Rita, you kinda get what you pay for here. Free sites are the boom of the barrel. A few years ago I joined Yahoo and Match.com at the same time.
Yahoo was cheap or free - I don't remember but Match.com was like $40. The yahoo women were generally poorer, less attractive and there was more spam ads, "russian" brides and single moms - although there were more students". Match.com was a better pick. As a woman, free sites will get you a lot of creepy guys. If you really want to go free, try Craigs list I guess. You have a lot to offer compared to most women on dating sites.
Oh, the most common type of women I met on dating sites was a single mom who didn't have any time for dating but was lonely and just wanted a man to take her to dinner once so she could experience a shred of romance.
Please avoid the phrase "will try anything once" in your ads.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/I%20can%20haz%20booty/Sorrowfulangelnoya-Lovelust/Caturday%20XD/icanhasbootymu5.jpg
A while ago I sat looking at my new match.com profile wondering why a fairly intelligent woman had resorted to pimping herself on the web.
Nine months down the line (hah) I know why - he's gorgeous.
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you.
My internet provider at home is trying to jack me around to pay for services I didn't receive or even ask for. To make a long story short I have to use the net at work...
wally I'm realizing it has nothing to do with being Canadian. I tried to actually converse with one guy. 5 minutes into our first (& last) chat conversation, he said he loved me & when could we meet in person. HUH?
infidel Yikes! It's a good thing she never went out with the guy.
I suppose the disproportionate number is what I'm experiencing. It seems it would take a lot of effort & hits & misses to actually even meet a person to be compatible with.
Prash In the US We call those people ignorant rednecks.
ranch chimp I was wondering what it was like on the men's end of things.
I dont even trust half the stuff online to begin with, and usually run from anything that tries to get too close.
I consider myself to be pretty cautious. I think what surprised me about this is I thought everyone exercised some caution. Apparently not most of these guys.
rev I don't think I'm even inclined to shop around at this point.
breakerslion Very cute. I might even talk to someone with a profile like that. :)
Minx Hi there! Lucky you! How many misses didit take before you got a hit?
This is hilarious, Rita.
And, Infidel, that message from "Dimitri The Stud" has made my day. It's unreal. What a catch... (Dear lord, do all single /and not/ women a favor and keep Dimitri away from them. Please?)
Shopping in the Boyfriend Shop (or fuck.com, depending on your need/mood!) can be a minefield. I had three proper dates before coming across Mr Maybe-right. These three were carrying so much baggage that I came home feeling like an agony aunt.
I chatted to quite a few but many were farmers in search of a milkmaid!!!! Beware and be fussy but it is great fun and a really good way to make friends.
I love ya Rita. When ya wanna hook-up?
I've never done the online dating thing Rita, but I'm convinced that it's probably very risky business in a world where everybody with the internet has free access to unlimited pornography. On the other hand, the potential payoffs are huge too, as a female you've probably got your pick of a lot of lonely guys. I wonder if there is some way to do a background check on your candidates?
Elizabeth Seriously, It's getting serious. :)
I've redone my profile on the site, I think saying, "I want to experience everything" might have given some people the wrong impression. I changed it to, "I'm an easy going person who likes to think she has a sense of humor."
Minx The boyfriend shop! That is just too funny. :) What in the world is an "agony aunt" anyway?
wally, wally, wally... You are just a big Canadian flirt. ;)
qf Yeah, I'm sure online poker is a better bet. A background check? Phooey! I rely on intuition. It hasn't let me down yet. :)
I want to experience everything
Girl, and you wonder why creeps rush in! LOL!
Glad you've changed it. Phew...
I'm certain that your "everything" is not the same as the "everything" of some of your respondents.
What in the world is an "agony aunt" anyway?
That's a British expression. It's a sex/relationships advice columnist, sort of like Dear Abby.
I'm certain that your "everything" is not the same as the "everything" of some of your respondents.
That's for sure. Think whipped cream, alligator clips, dachshunds, and Dimitri-sized egos.
Infidel, dachshunds??
I'm afraid to ask...:)
Sorry, all those Republican sex scandals I've been reading about (Vitter, Aldridge, Craig.....) lead me to imagine the worst. I haven't actually heard of one involving a dachshund, but I'm sure it will happen eventually.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home