Sunday, February 06, 2011

Speaking of Vaginal symbols...

I found this excerpt while looking for references to vaginal symbols on the net:

When looking for vaginal/womb images in our society the most obvious is the purse. Many women have an intimate relationship with their purse, and they view it as an extension of themselves. A purse is often guarded and clutched on to, and no one but its owner is allowed access to the purse. While another woman’s uninvited access to a purse is considered an invasion of privacy a male’s going through a woman’s purse is often experienced and expressed as a violation of the person. Woman who have had a man take or rummage through the contents of their purse often state that they “felt violated” by the intrusion, and some relate prolonged feelings of anxiety or nausea when they think about the violation.

After digesting the info and pondering the explications, I googled purse images & saw them in a new light. Here are a few of the most suggestive:

This lady is coyly pulling a cupcake from her purse


This is called a gate purse (really it is). I'm thinking, back gate!


Somehow I get the feeling this fortress is well guarded.


Enough said!

25 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I don't have purse issues. What does that say about me? I would gladly hand BF my purse and let him rummage til his heart's content.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger mac said...

I'm sensing a real genital trend to your posts lately..... And, I kinda like it ;-)

 
At 4:22 AM , Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Another "Distinctively Rita" posting! I have never though thought ever a connection with the purse and any genitalia, but it is "catchy". But wanted to comment on this, because this has alway's been on my rule list since I was young ... as a woman's privacy issue or in this case "item". I never go in a woman's purse, plain and simple. Also having raised 3 daughter's ... I have alway's had strict rule's as far as prying into their personal business/ properties. I have heard of many time's even guy's going into their ladies purses to check them out or whatever ... I refuse to do this, unless of course it was a life and death issue or similar ... if you cant somewhat trust a partner, what's the point in having a relationship with them? But no .... once this was an issue with my wife, who would just rush into my daughter's room without knocking, snoop around in their room, or feel it's appropriate to go through a daughter's purse, etc, etc. ... without no real reason at all ... beside's curiosity/ being nosey ... I just dont believe in doing this, and am strict on it.

Later Rita ....

 
At 4:39 AM , Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Also I may add, that I realize that I sometime's may seem unfair and biased to some fella's, in my constant ranting about women having this or that violated or similar. But I do try to be fair as possible ... if a woman such as some that I wrote about that kill their kid's or show incompetent job performance or any other issue, I will be first to point it out in a heart beat ... so this has nothing to do with being pro- feminist or other pop culture stuff. Also when I was a shop foreman for instance in the printing industry year's back, thing's like co- worker's who worked under me, busted ass, even showed more devotion to getting the job done than a few of the guy's would alway's get shortchanged by company higher up's on raises and payscale's, and it became an nissue with me, to where I went straight to those who were at the top level and pushed the issue, you DONT treat a person (regardless of gender or race especially) like that who bust's their ass, get's the JOB DONE and such, it's unbalanced. I also despise these rat- bag type's such as religious extremist's, like these muslim radical's .... who casually refer to our western women as whore's ... it just so happen's I love our western women, dont bring that crap to our goddamn country, is all I'm saying. I reckon though some of this goes back to childhood and as a young man, because women have been so protective of me and helped me so much in hard time's or difficult issue's, have helped me or gave me advice when I most needed it etc. .... so alot of one's childhood experience's has a psychological impact on them as adult's.

I'll shut up now ....

 
At 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Rita said...

another girl I'd also give my BF my purse & let him rummage in it. But, it would be awful weird if I thought he did it behind my back. Like he didn't trust me for some reason. purses are an extension of ourselves in that we girls carry around our I.D. credit cards, some times large amounts of cash in our purses. Of course we have a good reason to keep them close to us & guard them. I guess it really is all about trust & boundaries.

Mac Genitals are fun! The vaginal symbol/purse angle might make for a good pick-up line ...or not!
"Excuse me, I couldn't help but noticing..." ;]

Rc Any relationship where someone is not respecting another persons boundaries is not good. That goes for children, spouses, friends, etc... Women some times have that problem with men, too.

 
At 11:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I say???

 
At 3:15 AM , Blogger Infidel753 said...

I wonder what would be the male equivalent? (Not guns, that's been done to death.)

RC: People might be a lot less eager to invade the purses of their own daughters if they read this posting.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Prash said...

didn't see hand bags with such a perspective idea ... now everything changes !!!

on the other hand, I totally agree and understand when it comes to ladies purses or handbags, men should keep 100 feet away from them. All they should do is just carry when the ladies ask to :-)

 
At 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"All they should do is just carry when the ladies ask to."

Oh, brother! It's really getting deep in here.

So, what's with the censorship, Rita? You're the one plastering pictorial sexual innuendo all over the place, not me!

>:(

 
At 1:07 AM , Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Infidel was talking about the "male equivalent", I am assuming he was talking about the male equivalent to the purse ... I have alway's looked at that as a man's wallet, which is somewhat sacred to alot of old timer's such as myself. I have kept alot of detail's, phone number's etc in my wallet, personal photo's of the daughter's etc. Today for the younger gent's, I would assume a man's cell phone, which they like to keep all them special photo's of gal's or guy's they admire, familia photo's, bank/ account info, phone number's etc ... for many young gent's it replaced the wallet's that old timer's like myself carry ... or even wearing a wrist watch ... I still actually wear a wrist watch and carry a wallet ... even though I also carry a cell phone ... I notice alot of young folk's dont wear watches anymore ... they just look at their cell's for time.

The thing about gal's and their purses, they have alot of other accessories that they like to carry around with them that are personal hygenic and cosmetic item's as well even.

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Infidel753 said...

I remember years ago reading on some fetishism website about a guy who actually liked the idea of ejaculating in a woman's purse. So you may be on to something.

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

As far as the fetishes part Infidel (although I know Rita, that this isnt about fetishes, or do I want to try to make/ change into a sexual comment, with due respect), there are 100's or thousand's of fetishes I reckon ... however I feel in a fetishistic sense or roleplay, or whatever, if the person(s) (in the case of purse being of a lady or transsexual/ drag queen, etc) involved are let's just say "willing" participant's ... I see no violation of course either. I have also met many female gender women who have alot of unusual appetite's as far as pleasure's are concerned, what attract's them or whatever. But this is also very common to the foot/ shoe fetishist's, which is a very popular fetish I may add, as far as guy's let's say being attracted to certain article's/ item's of the opposite gender ... the "shoe/ feet" thing, seem's to be really popular these dayz.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger soubriquet said...

I just look at that animal-trap-opening on the first picture, and the even scarier toother sphincter on the third one, and shudder with fear.

Symbolism of the cruelest kind...

 
At 7:30 PM , Anonymous rita said...

Gideon Do you REALLY wonder why I take offense at your comments?
All you do is come over here to bait people, including me.
You don't want to have a conversation, only start a fight.

rc Let's hope your little girl doesn't come home with one of these.

infidel I think a purse fetish would be a great visual fetish to include in a novel,play or movie.
Esp. if we include
Sou's take on it.

Sou Your comment reminds me of reading Arthur Miller's Tropic of Cancer, when I was about 14. I don't remember much about the book except his descriptions of women with "teats" & predatory vagina's equipped with teeth.

Prash
I know you are the kind of guy that would treat a woman & her purse with respect. :)

 
At 3:25 AM , Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

This didnt accept my comment, so I will try again. Actually Rita ... my youngest daughter is 25 years old ... so I reckon she's not too little. :) But the handbag look's to be of a decent quality, certainly not a cheapy, nor do I think that it was necessarily designed by a male, but to each their own ... I certainly dont think it's unacceptable though in any way. But, that's just me.

 
At 6:03 AM , Anonymous rita said...

rc I just thought it was humorous & on topic.
I also don't assume it was designed by a man.

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"All you do is come over here to bait people, including me... etc, etc."

Need I remind a certain someone that it wasn't moi that posted sexually-suggestive material on their blog, inviting... shall we say... the inevitable responses? And, that previous comments to mine were every bit as playful as mine were interpreted to be?

Of course I don't.

Also, I'm not here to fight. You might inform certain others of that and restrict their privileges, as well, should they transgress. I think you'll see a big change toward the positive when everyone has to abide by the same code of conduct, not just one.

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Quantum_Flux said...

"It's a European Shoulder Bag" lol!

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger TK Kerouac said...

The last one looks like a vagina

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Quantum_Flux said...

I keep on checking up on this post, lol.

 
At 8:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The last one looks like a vagina."

Careful! You'll get deleted!

Oh... that's right... you're not me!

LOL!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Prash said...

I always treat a woman with all respect and also her purse (where you can find loads of money !!!) ... :-) wait, this works only if the woman is RICH right ? ... oh damn !

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Quantum_Flux said...

You have probably said something that offended Rita, Gideon, why act like such a martyr about her deleting your posts?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home