Kudos to my Blog Buddies
Last night I spent a good hour perusing random blog sites. Oh my gosh! How boring. I don't know how Blogger chooses to post random sites, but I've never seen so many blogs about "My Darling Snot Nosed Brat" or "Buy My Shitty Thingy I made with a Ribbon & a Button"
There were a couple of sites with some good artwork & I also enjoyed some of the photography. I left comments at 3 of those sites. As a whole, I found no one as cool as my own blogging community.
Since I'm now a single person without much responsibility except for making a living supporting myself, I have a lot of free time to invest into my job & my interests. It was a good move for me to leave the Janitorial business & go into the Newspaper business. I'm not a good business woman, & trying to make it as a private contractor in the janitorial business meant a dedication to making money by seriously working at it. Yuck! I'm just not geared that way. Someone like quantum flux with his capitalistic Ayn Rand idealism would be much better at that. Fortunately, it looks as if he's focusing on making scientific inroads as apposed to purely capitalistic ones.
Speaking of making inroads...Good news in the realm of secular humanism here. at the infidels site.
I got this video from Breakerslion site
Religion - watch more funny videos
(OK, so I still feel a need to needle the religious. You know if they hadn't messed with my head so much when I was a kid I'd probably be a lot more tolerant toward them. Who knows?)
There are sites that I feel a kinship to, but some times there is no way to reciprocate in kind, so I don't comment at them much. Here are a couple of those witty sites that I'm especially fond of ....prozacville & frodology. They are both great & I love them, but how many times can you say LOL if you aren't good w/the witty repartee?
A fairly new blog to the "community" that I frequent is ranch chimp. He's always good for a conversation, about anything... I appreciate that level of enthusiasm & friendliness.
Of course, there is also slippery Phil. I have to admit sometimes I don't know what the heck he is talking about.
The rest of you know who you are...& the best way to to get a link is to comment on my site, frequently.


17 Comments:
(OK, so I still feel a need to needle the religious. You know if they hadn't messed with my head so much when I was a kid I'd probably be a lot more tolerant toward them. Who knows?)
After watching the video I think you mean "noodle the religious."
As Pat Condell says, no one should be obligated to respect an ideology that doesn't respect them. And I have yet to hear of any religion that honestly respects atheists.
What's more religious people are NOT funny - it's just too damn easy to poke a stick a them.
Saddest thing is gays who stick with a religion that tells them they are bad. Once a Catholic, always a Catholic - even if you aren't.
Thank you for the promotion Rita. I got a kick out of that movie too, simply hilarious :)
infidel
I have yet to hear of any religion that honestly respects atheists.
Recently i was invited to a gathering where a woman was pushing her New Age healing techniques. Of course it was a mish-mash of Chakras, Tibetan singing bowls & other sundry crap. Then she started ragging on Atheists & how they are a surly unhappy lot & how sad that they don't believe anything. I told her I was the resident atheist & quite happy, & that I did believe in logic & reason & scientific evidence. I could tell my presence after that put a damper on her spiel. I realized that my atheism was a threat to her nonsense. Ahteists will never be welcome in religious circles.
rev That reminds me of that lifetime movie "Prayers for Bobby." Religion has created so many tragedies. & what have they to show for it? Made up miracles...whoopee!
qf You are welcome. It is fun to ridicule the religious!
Morning Ms.Rita!
It's 4:27am here at the Ranch(Dallas)... why am I up at this hour? Only God know's ....
But thank you for your statement on my enthusiasm and friendliness, I appreciate that. Beat's being called a neo-Nazi, I dont even know if those who use the term "nazi" know what it is these day's?,they just call anyone a nazi now, it didnt suprise me when I even heard Obama called a nazi, um,um,um ... imagine that!
Religion? ... it's enough to drive the insane crazy, um,um,um, I bet Jesus himself couldnt stand these damn fundamoralist's!
You mentioned about your janitorial service... which I wanted to comment something about. (true story) I know this gal, who came here illegally from Mexico, she lives about 8 block's from me with her new husband and a couple kiddie kidlet's.She came here around a little over 10 year's ago, she used to buy clothes from me(I had a makeshift clothing shop of current fashion wear, where I sold to public/neighbor's,etc awhile back) to send to her family in Mexico, she had a job as a maid, just house cleaning, and lived with her cousin, also illegal and a maid...in a small efficiency apartment in the neighborhood.She decided to start her own janitorial service and house maid service...with a few other's as a staff who were also new arrival's here. It was a boom success...about 5 year's back...she found a handsome young man and decided to marry him, he also help's run the company which now has about 50+ employee's now... she had a house built on an empty lot about 8 block's from here that is 3 level's and has about 10 bedroom's, with a beautiful landscape around it. Her business of janitorial work really paid off. And she is legal now.
Have a good un Ms.Rita....
Thanks for the mention. I don't recall exactly how I came about your blog - but with respect to blog-hopping I have had similar experiences. Many of the blogs out there are lacking.
ranch chimp I admire ambitious people who know how to make money. It's Not my strong suit, though.
I've just been reading about the swine flu outbreak in Mexico, it's pretty close to your neck of the woods...
Yep! were close... my neighborhood has alot of mexican tourist's too, .....Oh well...it's all the pig's fault! ... kill em all....we need more pork chorizo! (just kiddin girl)
By golly ... where the hell is ole Jesus when we have all these problem's? Um,um,um ... probably still trying to figure out how to hold M&M's ..... "the candy that melt's in his mouth.... not in his hand's..." :)
Your blogging community is cool in a ab fab way ! :-) I agree !
I have adopted your wordings to describe nowadays : "secular humanists"
prash Thank you. Your posting on Jackie Chan's comments...very interesting.
Thought you might enjoy this Bacon Flow Chart....
qf Cracked me up! I loved it!
thks to this episode, i learnt a lot about jackie chan (of whom i never bothered to read about)...he is the image of hong kong to the world for hong kong people ! his image is used to promote hk tourism (which the hk govt. has taken away after this incident)...
Define "frequently." ;)
How's the newspaper business treatin' ya'? It's been distressingly slow, here, but if this past week is any indication, things may be starting to pick back up. *fingers crossed*
frequently is much more then YOU comment!
Hey, I always say quality over quantity. It's easy to post a whole load of stupid posts all over the place, but I can post enormous quantities of stupid with a fraction of the typing.
Oh, and cartoon.
You requested notification.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home