I Would Rather believe in Flying Cars
It's sometimes hard to find something new to post about, or find a subject that hasn't already been beaten to death.One subject that I have been increasingly fascinated with & a subject that sparks my imagination is pondering the future of humankind.
As a secular humanist, I am not a doomsayer,
but an optimist & I believe there is plenty to be optimistic about regarding our future... it just depends on how you look at it...
There are a couple of bloggers* in my blogsphere that have similar visions of the future based on science & (to be honest), science fiction.I find their views compelling because I want to see the future as something other then religious doom & gloom...
I believe the current doom & gloom apocalyptic vision is a product of an outdated prophecy, perpetrated long ago by ancient & primitive religions that want us to think that humankind will ultimately fail. There is no reason we have to believe fables handed down to us from at least 2000 years ago. Why not believe in the potential of humankind to rise above the obstacles?
I would rather believe in a future with flying cars.*You know who you are.


46 Comments:
There's good reason why there are not and will not be flying cars: the fundamental laws of physics. That which goes up, eventually comes down -- and not necessarily where you wanted it. A flying car would have to be as close to perfect as humanly possible and that would be extremely expensive, on the order of current light aircraft, at least $500,000, far beyond the price range of ordinary people. And craft which fly in the air cannot stop on a dime like ground craft because they have no friction to use to scrub off speed, so you need much wider spacing between flying vehicles to prevent collisions, so you can't have those old sci-fi notions of a stream of flying cars a few feet from each other's bumpers. Physics says you'll be playing bumper cars soon thereafter and who knows where things will end up? (Probably down -- remember that whole gravity thing?).
So sadly, science says there cannot be flying cars. Not, at least, in the sci-fi futuristic vision popular in the 1950's. They'd be too expensive due to the need for utmost perfection to keep from falling out of the air (if a car breaks down you just coast to a stop, if a flying car breaks down you die), and the congestion would be deadly if everybody had the flying type of car rather than the ground type of car. Oh well!
- Badtux the Scientific Penguin
Religions, or at least the kind we're stuck with here in the Western world, tend to believe that the world will end at some specific point. This is why they prophesy an Armageddon-like future. A story needs a dramatic ending.
These religions also visualize human history as a fall from some earlier, ideal state which never really existed -- just the opposite of the actual history of gradual ascent from a more primitive, animal state (which people until a couple of centuries ago didn't know about).
I think those things largely account for the tendency of people to talk gloom and doom even as the real world gets better and better.
By the standards of the past we are already living in a science-fiction world. What would a person from 1909 have thought of antibiotics, the internet, men on the Moon, stem-cell therapy, robot probes exploring the outer planets, a typical life span close to 80 years -- or women and blacks being free to vote, gay emancipation, and the fact that we've lived with a nuclear stalemate for half a century and not blown ourselves up?
Flying cars probably won't happen, only because we've got better things to spend the resources on. Give me a non-polluting car -- and molecular manufacturing and effective anti-aging therapies -- and I'll be happy.
Things are moving faster and faster. Transformations much more fundamental than those that happened over the last hundred years will now happen over the next twenty.
I like the pictures.
A couple of cool videos are here and here.
I believe in perfection BadTux, why should I settle for anything less?
Our history as the human race began with armagedon, some 65 million years ago when an asteroid destroyed all of the dinosaurs it was the meek, small furry animals that inherited the Earth. Those animals have grown up now, they shall live in paradise someday because they have the minds to make it so. To learn by the law of the jungle, to kill or be killed, is something that nature's most complex creation as we know it abhors. The mind is the great equalizer against our circumstances, it does the learning so that destructive evolution no longer needs to do the teaching, the mind is the gift which evolution has given us so that we don't become destroyed should we choose to use it instead of being subject to primal emotions and knee-jerk reactions.
badtux Flying cars are just a metaphor for the ideal future created by human innovation & advances in technology.
In reality, I suppose flying cars might not be practical.
infidel
These religions also visualize human history as a fall from some earlier, ideal state which never really existed -- just the opposite of the actual history of gradual ascent from a more primitive, animal state (which people until a couple of centuries ago didn't know about). So true. I think the concept of a fall from grace is so ingrained in people that they don't even realize how it colors their thinking.
By the standards of the past we are already living in a science-fiction world. Using that same line of thinking in the standard of "Bible times" we are living in an age where miracles are common place. I was reading somewhere that the internet has given us such unheard of access to information & the ability to use it that we can compare our powers to those of Biblical angels.
Nietzsche talked about the death of God. To put it simply, we can't believe in something that we no longer find valid or helpful. Technology is what really does God in.
I was reading what Pope Benedict XVI said in a speech in 2006: Mankind, which has reached other planets and unraveled many of nature’s secrets, should not presume it can live without God... He goes on to site(?) the prevalence of poverty & misery & blatant consumerism as reasons to put faith in the almighty as apposed to ourselves. All of this coming from an old man who wears funny costumes & believes literally in a book written a couple of thousand years ago.
"I Would Rather believe in Flying Cars"
qf What truly amazes me is that we are innovative enough to create the technological advances to take over where our minds let off.
Flying cars will rule!
How Flying Cars Will Work
Yes, I saw the Moller flying car but this demonstration is NOT impressive.
Ok, this is what I think... In the beginning flying cars don't have to get very high off the ground. Just high enough to be practical & of course they have to be safe...so for safety purposes, flying cars will be used for short jaunts & they will use roof top landing sites.
A Computer checkup program would assure that no car gets in the air unless it is guaranteed to be safe for X amount of miles. For further safety, GPS type tracking programs could guarantee the flight plan. I don't see where this would be too difficult.
It seems with the Moller car that it's weight is a problem, the car would have to be lighter & more streamlined,(less bells & whistles) to resist the force of gravity. I can see where technology might solve that problem. What about, instead of fighting the pull of earth's gravity by having to push up off the ground, why not figure out how to use a force that is in space? By for instance, tapping into the gravitational force of another planet? Isn't this what space probes ultimately do? & isn't this what solar energy is?
By for instance, tapping into the gravitational force of another planet? Isn't this what space probes ultimately do?
Unfortunately that's not possible, not for objects near Earth (and certainly not as close as a flying car in the atmosphere would be). The gravitational field of Earth or of any object gets weaker with distance; at some point between Earth and any other planet, there is a point at which the other planet's gravity becomes stronger than Earth's gravity. If the planet were identical in mass to Earth, that point would be exactly halfway between the two; for a larger or smaller planet, the location of the point varies according to a mathematical law involving the difference in mass and the inverse square of the distance (Quantum Flux probably knows the exact rule). For example, the point at which the Moon's gravity becomes stronger than Earth's is much closer to the Moon than to Earth, because the Moon is only about 1/80 as massive as Earth. Until you reach that point, the Moon's gravity is weaker than Earth's, and there's no trick to get around that.
Space probes do use the gravity of other planets to change direction and even to accelerate; this is done by making a kind of hairpin turn around the planet as they approach it, which needs to be done in a very precise manner. They can only do this when close to the planet, though.
Solar power is generated by converting the light of the Sun into either heat or electricity using various devices. Gravity isn't involved. Flying cars are probably one of the few things that couldn't be solar-powered, because a car of a given size wouldn't have enough surface area to collect enough energy to lift itself.
For near-ground travel, a workable design could involve something as simple as big fans blowing downward, which is what the car in your first picture looks like it has. Hovercraft are a kind of flying car in this sense. The gas mileage would, unfortunately, suck even more than the fans.
A big enough helium-filled balloon attached to an ordinary car's roof would work, but you might have problems with altitude control and steering (and FAA regulations).
Maybe you should just ask Peter Pan where he buys his pixie dust. :-)
It's a nice idea, though.
I remember the future. Where are my blind friend's bionic eyes? He should have them by now. He should have a kidney and other things.
This makes noise. Adjust your volume accordingly. The Future Is Now.
That's a good video; I linked it too (see comment #2 above).
Growing new organs for people is a technology which is making rapid progress. It has been successfully done with bladders, and the kidney is the next organ being worked on. Eyes will be a bit more complicated. Give it a few years.
The real near future holds wonders far beyond what the seers of a few decades ago imagined.
infidel Well, back to square one. Of course nothing can be ruled out in the future. Perhaps a personal jet pack thingy is more practical. Or some variation on a personal flying machine Confronted with these options I think I'll stay on the ground, anyway.
bryan It seems as if your friend is too early or too late for those particular medical innovations. I have a niece with juvenile diabetes, she is only 30 & has had the benefit of all the latest medicine, even a new pancreas. They can do that now. She is now free from diabetes. I am sorry about you friend. BTW, Infidel already submitted that link.
The stability problems inherent in any vertical take off vehicle are very complicated, but for the most part the Osprey is a good example of how they can be overcome:
(1) The danger of removing the crane: Osprey Crash
(2) The Beauty of removing the crane: Osprey Soars
But of course, perhaps a horizontal takeoff car is a better way to go, hopefully it won't be too long before the flying car is being sold.
Well,superman might have to stop in signals then :)
Unfortunately my friend will be dead before any of the innovations he truly needs happen. He can't even get a darned kidney. He's sick of doctors poking and prodding him with no result. I don't blame him.
His primary doctor (for years) just told him he should be on dialysis. Umm? Hello? Can I scream INCOMPETENCE here? He's been on dialysis for years. She sent him there!! HOW CAN SHE NOT KNOW THAT!! *insert many horrible words here*
Here I go bursting into tears again. Grr.
He did make it to the 65 Worlds fair. It wasn't the actual fair. The best we can date it to is 67. he was still very little. He doesn't remember it well.
I hate to bring up this point in that context, but it needs to be said:
There are many medical innovations still several years away which would already be in use right now had it not been for the criminal obstruction of stem-cell research by the Bush administration. I don't know whether the ability to grow new kidneys is one of them, but it wouldn't surprise me.
For eight years, the country with the world's largest and best-funded research establishment has had its work in the most promising field of medical technology held hostage to taboos derived from a befuddled collection of bronze-age myths. In that field, nowadays, eight years is an eternity.
Bush's stand on stem-cell research has caused, and continues to cause, far more misery and death than the Iraq war. It is, to me, his most terrible and unforgivable crime.
Greeting's Ms.Rita! Well..visioning the future can be fun too as you know...not just apocalyptic.Religion's? Heh,heh,heh
...they come and go...and change and modify to cater to what work's in what era to keep the masses in their spell of submission to another.I have alway's said...that many are psychologically masochistic..to where after thousand's of year's...it became genetic. If you look at the earliest writing's in the old testament...you can see...that what is described as "god" is simply a reflection of the want's and dream's of human's in many cases. People want to believe that this entity is bigger,better, and our most importantly"companion". Life and intelligence is one with evolution...it's purpose...to survive,grow,evolve. The god(s) that we once wrote fiction stories about...in actuality...we will come to realize...are us..and we will evolve into the almighty creator's and create our Utopia or Heaven that all these religion's want...it's our nature...and achieve that eternal life as well. I dont personally vision any kind of transport vehicles of any kind in the future...no need for them. No need for school's,government, drug's anymore,cities,or even dwelling's as we have alway's known. I believe that we are now at the point where there is no such thing as science"fiction" any more..and even science as we know it now...will not even exist except in history.Heh,heh,heh..I guess you can call it "change we can believe in". What I say is important right now...is fast forward progress...I mean fast...because we still act too slow..and still look at the past.You see...we are bound to have new challenges that we(most) are not looking at. We have been lucky you can say...lucky a meteor hadnt wiped us all out...to where we dont even exist or anything we done or accomplished. Or a disease so severe...that it shut us down for 100's of year's to where we couldnt focus on our job of moving forward. Religion's and cultures have been a cancer to humanity, and as you can see...continue to be...but...this will all pass...in time..the way I see it. I'll shut up now...thank you for your time.
Hi, popped over from Wally's!
Nice to see someone new!
Why not believe in the potential of humankind to rise above the obstacles?
Let us say simply that the future will be exceptionally different from what we have known as the past. I will not contend that the obstacles we will face are completely insurmountable, however, I fear there is not enough being done and we will push past the point of no return.
Well, I hope to see the AZ Cardinals crush the Obama Eagles today, go AZ!
infidel It is unfortunate that important & life saving research is sacrificed to appease the archaic religious segment of society. I trust that as more people become enlightened by reason, logic, & common sense, these backward ways of doing things will be replaced more & more by progressive humanitarian goals.
ranch chip I also believe god is a product of our own imagination. I think since ever humans looked up into the sky & pondered infinity & creation we have looked for answers to these things. Primitive thoughts for primitive people, though. It is time to move past our outdated notions of god.
Hi ice thanks for popping by. I hope you don't find our subject too nerdy. We are contemplating the future of the human race, feel free to give an opinion.
Phil I also worry that we are not doing enough & could very well reach a point of no return, but I also know that individually none of us want that to happen, so in a sense we collectively guard against it. If Time is a metaphor for progress...it marches on in spite of us.
Does that make sense?
I suppose 150 years ago the idea that vast numbers of people could be hurtling along a highway at 70 MPH without mayhem and certain death would have sounded almost absurd.
Of course, there is quite a bit of tragedy, but it is tolerated as a price for pay for its benefits. Same for flying cars - If we ever step into the 3rd dimension as a part of our transportation architecture, we can make it work, but there will be some level of acceptable error. For now, it is best to stay away from eating peanut butter.
Soylent Green Is People!!! Please kill me now.
Believe it or not, back in my S to the Atan days I did a similar post using flying cars in exactly the way you've used them here.
Therefore, knowing you never read that blog, I must agree it is hard to find something new to post about and that this is, of course, an excellent well thought out post.
But damn it, I still want my freak'n flying car!
Hi Ms.Rita...I actually think a little like you on some thing's I see.I never checked to see what the definition of "god" is, believe it or not...until now :)
Looking in this "Webster" dictionary it say's a "Superhuman being worshipped as having supernatural powers" I actually got a laugh out of it. I guess whatever it mean's to each person. As a little boy...I asked my dad one day what "god" was...he looked around and told me this.."god is nature son...it is everything you see around you...a tree,the water,all life,but the No#1 god of the people is the almighty dollar".
I never asked anyone since.I guess you can say that I alway's viewed evolution,life/intelligence as "god". It's just a word that's in a bunch of phrases...like "Oh my god!" I was once watching a video about chimpanzee's...and I noticed that while observing a chimp hiding under a tree from a rain/thunderstorm...the chimp when hearing thunder,crouched in fear..and looked to the sky...right there I thought to myself...ahh-haa...that's it! Our early ancestor's looked up as well, and no telling what these early human's thought thing's like even the moon were or such..before the written language. As we became civilised...and felt thing's like the power of will through of coarse motivation and action...we made all these complex system's in our lives...trying to analyze and label/title everything..and...well
before you know it...boom...we had more goddamn god's and devil's than you can shake a stick at! But
heh,heh,heh...like I tell all these religious folk's when they ask me about god.."dont ask me...
hell I dont know..I'm just an ole redneck..!". Later Ms.Rita :)
I suppose 150 years ago the idea that vast numbers of people could be hurtling along a highway at 70 MPH without mayhem and certain death would have sounded almost absurd.
Certainly not, because that would not violate any fundamental laws of physics (such as the law that says, "that which goes up, must eventually come down" -- maybe not where we want it to come down, such as through someone's roof and killing people in their living rooms). Although folks 150 years ago might have been aghast at the safety implications of sending automobiles screaming across the countryside at 75mph, anybody who was up on the known science of the time would not have had any problem with the actual science of it. It requires nothing more than application of principles that they'd already used to make railroad locomotives that could go 75mph.
Flying cars, on the other hand, have some decided problems with the physics (the most important problem being, as I mentioned, the whole "falling out of the sky" thing, which makes flying cars too expensive to build compared to terrestrial cars, coupled with the whole "no brakes" thingy, which makes them somewhat impractical in crowded areas because, well, you can't just push a brake pedal and have it stop because you have no surface to apply friction to).
There are many things that do not violate fundamental laws of physics that I would like to see. Retina transplants, for example. If we can figure out how to make those bloody nerve cells re-connect -- maybe via some sort of stem cell treatment -- we could do that and restore the eyesight of thousands of Americans who each year lose their sight to detached retinas (the surgery currently done to re-attach retinas results in blurry low-res vision, which is better than nothing, but not by much). There's no fundamental laws of physics violated by retina transplants, just need to do the research to figure out why those stubborn nerve cells won't re-connect. Same deal with spinal cords. There's no laws of physics involved here, just stubborn nerve cells where, if we figure out the right combination of gene therapies to jolt those nerve cells back into their infancy, could be coaxed to grow back together again.
But we will never have faster-than-light starships. Fundamental laws of physics would need to be violated there, and these laws don't have any loopholes to go around them, unlike man-made laws. It is fine to dream. But it is also wise to realize that dreams which violate fundamental laws of physics or are impractical due to fundamental laws of physics are fit for science fiction novels, but nothing else.
I wouldn't be so certain on those things BadTux, why can't a car fly like an airplane or a helicopter!?
As for sending information back in time, this perhaps is not entirely prohibited with blackholes or by the circulating light beams surrounding the black holes which at least one physicist I know of thinks can be reproduced with mirrors and intense lasers.
Cars *can* fly like planes or helicopters. And can fall out of the sky like cars and helicopters too, which is why you are a) required to have some serious pilot training for everything but the lightest of ultralights (those where, if you crash, all you'll hurt is yourself), and b) why planes and helicopters start out at $150K for the lightest/slowest ones (planes that can't out-run a Porsche) and go rapidly upwards (because you do *not* want them falling out of the sky unless something truly extraordinary happens, such as hitting a flock of Canada geese that take out both engines at the same time).
Computers will eventually be able to take over much of the piloting job to keep folks from falling out of the sky real easily. But we can't solve the cost issue, which is inherent in the fact that a flying car has to, err, keep flying, unlike a ground-based car where if it breaks down it just coasts to a stop. It costs a ton of dough to build and fly a light aircraft. The aircraft itself must have all sorts of redundant systems (for example, typical aircraft engines have two entirely different ignition systems as well as two entirely different fuel injection systems and two entirely different electrical systems to make sure the modern glass cockpits don't go dark). You have to do rigorous (and expensive) certifications and rebuilds all the time on your airframe and powertrain to make sure that you don't fall out of the sky, and you have to maintain your training and get physicals every so often to make sure you're still fit to fly without having a stroke or heart attack and falling out of the sky. The fact that you're up in the sky means you can come down. And if you can come down, you can hurt a lot of people on the ground, not just the people in one or two cars like in an auto accident, a plane coming down on a row of townhouses and take out an entire city block (see: 9/11).
In short, the basic law of physics that says "that which goes up, must come down" makes flying a much different thing from driving. Smashing through the roof of a house and taking out kiddies in their jammies is *not* kosher, and keeping flying vehicles from doing so is always going to be much, much, much more expensive than keeping vehicles already on the ground, err, still on the ground. Every technological advance that makes flying vehicles cheaper and more reliable will make ground-based vehicles even cheaper. In short, simple economics says that the vast majority of people will still prefer ground-based vehicles even if there are quantum improvements in the cost of airborne vehicles (including AI that can control them in order to eliminate need for a skilled pilot), because ground-based vehicles will still be an order of magnitude cheaper than airborne vehicles, just like today (where $15K gets you a reasonable entry-level ground-based vehicle, and $150K gets you a reasonable entry-level airborne vehicle, and the maintenance costs are even more astronomically different).
- Badtux the Flightless Penguin
rev Technology is all about controlling our own environment. In the past (thanks in part to religion) we have had little faith in our own species abilities to control our environment & our selves.
Because we've proven our abilities by the marvelous advances we've made as a species, technology that at one time would have been unimaginable, now seems possible.
Bryan Soylent Green. That is just one vision of the future. The future could not be so one sided. It never is...
G3T I've seen a other few posts about flying cars. Not yours though. Quantum flux occasionally comes up with some good futuristic type stuff like flying cars. Like I said in another comment, flying cars are really a metaphor of hope for the future through human ingenuity & technology.
ranch chimp As has been said it's a matter of survival. It is in our nature to look to something to give us hope for the future. If we can't find it within us, we'll look elsewhere. I think we are coming full circle back around to seeing the power has been in us all along.
The reality is there will probably always be forces we can not control, but that hasn't stopped us yet, has it?
badtux You are such a naysayer! You talk as if it's an impossible idea.
"Fundamental laws of physics have to be broken". I'm sure that was said about the invention of airplanes, too. Remember the Wright brothers studied birds when coming up with the flying machine...birds work completely within the laws of physics, BTW.
But of course you are a penguin. & they don't fly do they?
You are arguing the impracticality of flying cars by using existing technology. A practical flying car would require new using new technology, perhaps like the work done with superconductors, using magnetic force. New & lighter materials are also being manufactured all the time.
I agree there are more humanitarian goals for technology to focus on, but the future of the flying car is not dead...if only for the fact that someone will do it, just to prove it can be done.
Yeah, my flying car post was exactly about that rather than relying on a 'God' to fix the issues. Of course, it was done in something of a humorous way as per Satan's usual wants.
Quantum flux's posts on the flying cars & the future
A tribute to Flying Cars
What The Furure Used to & will Look Like
Flying cars = planes, right ? lol
Prash: Exactly, very observant, the flying car is small potatoes compared to what the future holds for humankind.
Lisa: I think that here is another real possibility too, cheap and fast space travel....Earth to Mars in 3 Days
Actually, starting from the guy who also invented CRT TV's, the fusor's latest innovation as far as I can tell Cross Fire Fusor (patent pending) .... go, go, entreprenuers!
"I was reading what Pope Benedict XVI said in a speech in 2006: Mankind, which has reached other planets and unraveled many of nature’s secrets, should not presume it can live without God... He goes on to site(?) the prevalence of poverty & misery & blatant consumerism as reasons to put faith in the almighty as apposed to ourselves. All of this coming from an old man who wears funny costumes & believes literally in a book written a couple of thousand years ago."
Yes, because living for centuries with a religious hierarchy constantly selling and re-selling the concept of god(s) has done so much to rid the world of these ills. It would be a giant step backward to the Dark Ages to eliminate religion... oh wait....
I don't know if that old geezer in the funny dress really believes this crap or not. He does believe however, that without religion, he would lose his cushy lifestyle. His Downlines would not be able to make money from telling the same bullshit campfire stories over and over and over....
As for flying cars, there have been retractable-blade helicopters with drive wheels for taxiing. This is about as good as it gets. Hovercraft are not so hot in a strong wind. If it flies, you want aerodynamics and control. The problems are as previously stated, plummeting from an accident when your neighbor's 17-year old brat cuts it too fine. I'll ride the flying bus, thanks.
Oh Hi! I just realized who this was when bookmarking the blog!
Whoa! Those Quantum flux's posts are like, whoa, futuristic man!
Mooncar, my partner, did a research query a group called the Sydney Futurians. At their next meeting they're planning to discuss topics such as;
1. A discussion of the Best and Worst Alien Life forms
2. Avian Alien Life forms (birds of a feather?)
3. Complexity in SF&F Stories
4.Religion and Philosophy in SF&F Stories
5. Galactic Empires and other Long Term Societies in SF&F Stories
6. The aspects that a SF Story must have to take it beyond being a Mundane story
7. Future pre-occupations for SF?
8. Stories where SF and Fantasy overlap
9. Fantasy Stories that are Feudal Free or otherwise break the 'Quest Fantasy' mould
10. Classics of Literature that have or should be the basis of a good SF / Fantasy series
11. Politics, Money and the Economy in SF&F Stories, realistic and laughable?
12. Cyber Prostitution and other intimate services only possible in SF&F Stories
13. Prisons, Imprisonment and Restraints in SF&F Stories
Kinda tempting to attend don't you think!
prash Flying cars are not the same as airplanes. Airplanes have already been built. Flying cars might forever be in the future.
Quantum flux Lisa? you can't possibly know about Lisa.
or do you?
That concept seems so science fiction to me. Mostly because it is beyond anything I can understand. That is also one reason I don't read a lot of science fiction. It is the one subject where i'd rather see the movie then read the book.
Breakerslion About the Pope...religion does generate quite a bit of cash, doesn't it? Which is not spent by any God of course, only his 'agents'.
When I was involved in the Assembly of God, I found there was the church & then there was the Corporation. I thought that was repellent & a contradiction to what I thought the spirit of Christianity was at the time. Now that I am not quite so naive, I realize religion is exploited as a business opportunity. Why? The very nature of it makes it SO exploitable.
Hmm...this sounds like a blog post subject.
G3T The Sydney Futurians sound like a lot of fun. Having met a few of those *"peculiar or otherwise odd people, especially those who are perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, gaming, science fiction, etc..."
I find obsessive people interesting, at the very least entertaining.
As long as they are not dangerous of course.
*a dictionary definition
That seems like a wonderful idea. Fortunately it's out of the average idiot's price range.
Nice find [infidel753].
Rita: Oops, I called you by the name of your clonedrone twin sisterbot, Lisa.
thanks infidel That was a great link. It led me to this one
with some great original flying cars. this rather strange looking vehicle was my favorite.
Bryan I hope you are feeling better. & I hope someday you have a flying car.
qf I thought I'd be off of this subject but I've been to busy to post.
Lisa was a sleazy character from an old sleazy pulp fiction novel I found. On an old blog of mine we made up a horrible story about her...I think i'll do it again. I see other people recycle their old posts. :)
Oh my. That thing looks like death waiting to happen. I think I like the contraption Infidel linked more.
Thank you for the well wishes. If you've ever had bruised ribs you know how much it hurts. If you haven't I hope you don't get them. The cold doesn't help... I can't cough! It hurts too much!
Parallel blogging is an inspiration brought about from the syndication of TV episodes.
that was a joke / lol
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home